Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday's Toot - Workin' Out is Finally Workin Out!

Despite struggling with six kids by myself for the entire past week (hubby is working nights right now on top of working days so I've been doing things alone) I still managed to get my body movin', movin' and I worked out five out of seven days! I increased my workout speed by nearly 1 mph from last week and I added five more minutes to each session! Whoo Hoo! Workin' out is finally workin out for me! This is a big deal to me since I haven't been able to devote much time to myself and exercise since before I got pregnant with my last child (she is now two). Working out and getting my body back into shape is very important to me since prior to having children I was a workin' out maniac! I was in the most amazing shape of my life and it felt GREAT! I want that for myself again. I hate feeling tired and frumpy! I hate some of the health issues I face due to not being able to take some time for myself. So I am giving myself another great big pat on the back.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the comment on my Toot!

Wow. You are rockin' the workout. That is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Also, I can't wait to see all of your knitting resources. Knitting was just one of the many things I haven't gotten back to doing since the babies arrived.

Anonymous said...

OMG - that's amazing!! All of it! I only have 3 of my own to look after, and that's a chore in itself. ;)

I was working out 6 days a week until I got sick. That lasted for 6 weeks, and I never got myself back into the groove. You're going to be my inspiration - rock on, girl!

The Sick Chick said...

Woo hoo, you go! I'm doing good to do something twice a week, so I totally envy you :)

Anonymous said...

Good job - I wish I was more motivated as I really need to lose weight! Best of luck to you in keeping your exercise routine.

Agnes CF Lee said...

Hi thanks for dropping by my blog. I really admire you for the fact that you have to take care of so many kids and yet have the time to workout and knitting and steal time for yourself too.. considering I've got only 2 kids to take care of and I am all occupied by them unless they are asleep.