Friday Fill-Ins: Friday Fill In #66
1. Tonight I saw a beautiful sunset.
2. Shania Twain makes me wanna dance!
3. Splitting a few appetizers between friends sounds like something I haven't had a chance to do in a very, very, very long time.
4. The Lord is someone I'd like to get to know better.
5. The smell of rain reminds me so much of springtime!
6. I ate some chocolate and that made it all better.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting my hair done, tomorrow my plans include chasing my six kids and my stepdaughter's best friend around the house by myself since my hubby will be gone AGAIN and Sunday, I want to go shopping for more yarn (hehe) and leave our six kids with hubby for a change!
On a crafty note, I finally learned lace on the loom (pictures soon)! Yeah! Thanks to the lovely dishcloth design from my friend Stephanie McElheran of Loomy Daze Designs! Her Little Bit O Lace Dishcloth design is the April Loom Along over on Ravelry in the Loomin' Dishcloths group. Now, I've had a lot of people ask me why the fascination with dishcloths. Well, what other project can you try out new techniques with, learn new things with, and have a finished project that is usable or giftable without devoting too much time to? Plus, if you aren't crazy about dishcloths, loom or knit them with yarn other than cotton and you have a quilt block, the start of a purse, pillow, rug, or anything else you can think of to make it extra special. The possibilities are truely endless. Think outside the box and you can turn a boring dishcloth into something extra special!
Finally, it's Freebee Friday today! Yeah! I haven't had a freebee for awhile so here is another graph for you. Sorry, no written instructions this time (I want you to think outside the box)! Use it as a quilt block, tile it and make a darling bathroom rug (I hear two strands of cotton makes it extra cushy and super absorbant), turn it into a pillow, placemat, towel, or anything else you can dream up! Enjoy!
Before I go, don't forget to check out my new patterns blog! I have some extra special projects I am designing right now (something really beautiful for Mother's Day) and more I'll be adding soon so don't miss out, sign up for my pattern blog's RSS Feed and get my latest pattern download links delivered right to your inbox!
Have a great day!