Monday, January 14, 2008

Why all the questions?

You may have noticed I have two polls over in the right hand column going on right now. So, why all the questions, you ask? Well, here goes... Over the past year I've been loom knitting I have sometimes struggled to learn by reading and even sometimes by looking at pictures. Everyone is well aware of the wonderful video's Isela has all over the internet. I've watched them many times myself. They are a wonderful resource. I have the Loom Knitting Primer book and have gleened much from this book, but videos are where it is at for me. I have been able to follow patterns but sometimes it is a great struggle even with lots of pictures, especially if I am at an emerging stage of learning a new skill or technique. I knit a pair of half finger gloves on DPNS just like the ones you see on your right with lots of help and demonstrations from a friend of mine. I also was able to successfully knit a pair of socks using DPNS with the help of a great video I purchased from knittinghelp.com. I know I am not alone. I am not looking to make a killing off of this video (or the pattern for that matter), it's yarn stash money at best, I just want to be able to create something for the looming community interested in making these gloves because I know I am not the only one in this entire world that learns lightning fast with a video you can pause and rewind and play over and over again until it sinks in. Thanks for all of your input!

0 comments: