Thursday, January 3, 2008
Are you looming without obligation?
I read a post on one of my yahoo groups the other day about a lady that felt so inadequate because, although she had been looming for awhile, she still plotted along fairly slowly and felt as though she wasn't keeping up with the rest of her looming community. She would get one project done in a week and she kept hearing how so and so got 5 hats, 10 scarves, and 5 pairs of mittens done in one week... Then I read the most hilarious post from another gal saying she felt the same way..so and so made 1,000 sweaters, 50,000 hats, blah, blah, blah. I had to laugh. It was an exaggeration of course, but it was funny none the less! I felt that way too once upon a time. I still do occasionally. Especially since I am working on being a loom knitting pattern designer. I read all these ladies (and some gentlemen's) blogs that are designing and they have accomplished so much and in so little time. I need to give myself a break. I do have six kids after all! It isn't like I don't have anything else to do afterall. But still, if you feel the same way, feel free to snag my Looming without Obligation graphic (or make your own) and then just do what you can. Looming is suppose to be a hobby after all! If it takes you a year to complete your first project (I am exaggerating again, hee, hee, hee), so be it! If you loom like a mad person and get 1,000 sweaters done, 50,000 hats and scarves, so be it! Whatever you are able to do. Don't feel ashamed you loom too much. Don't be ashamed you aren't able to loom as much as the next person. Just loom without obligation because:
- Your loom is not a treadmill
- Your not a machine (hee, hee)
- You are a machine (Isela, anyone???)
- Sometimes less is more
- If you loom when you are inspired, it benifits the whole looming community (Yeah!)
- Your yarn stash is getting too low
- You feel the need to lower your yarnstash quick before someone finds out how truly addicted to yarn you REALLY are!
- You have a busy life besides your hobbies
- Your life IS your hobby (LOL)
- You only loom for a cause
- You only loom for your loved ones
- You only loom for yourself
- Well, just because!
Thanks for stopping by!