Sunday, January 6, 2008

A homemade Christmas, baby cakes and our family portait day...

Our youngest daughter turned two this past December on the 15th. She is just crazy about babies so I decided to make her a baby cake. The feet were a little large, but overall I think it turned out pretty cute!


Amanda May's 2nd Birthday Cake



The birthday girl blowing out her candles.



Birthday girl with gifts.


This year was more of a homemade Christmas. With the worry for toys not being safe with all of the lead scares in the news, it seemed like the best thing to do. Both my sister and I gave gifts we made. She is more of a needle knitter than I (I prefer my looms). Even her husband knit up some darling headbands for the kids.


Lexi models the hat and mittens my sister made for her.



Paige models her headband from uncle Gary.



My mom shows off her new pair of loom knit gloves.



My brother-in-law Gary, admiring his beer cozy I loom knit for him.



My stepdaughter Lexi is always wanting to borrow my looms, so I got her a set of her own.


We had our family portrait taken this year by a friend of ours. He is a professional wedding photographer (www.bellaphotographyusa.com), but agreed he'd do our family portrait (no easy task, believe me, we had 15 people to get in the photo). We are all waiting on pins and needles to see the proofs. I took this photo while my sister and her husband were getting some individual shots taken:


My hubby getting his tie ironed quick before we got our portraits taken. I guess he should have thought of that before he put it on, huh?



Half of our crew modeling for my camera before the photographer showed up.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Bethany @ Gettin' It Pegged! said...

You are blessed beyond measure with a wonderful family!
Handcrafted gifts are definitely way better than store bought, any day!
Bethany~

Robin McCoy said...

Your family is just perfect! I wish that mine could get together like that for the holidays, but oh well. :D I love your daughter's b-day cake. Gives me ideas for my daughter's second birthday this coming October. Last year we did 'Princesses' and this year would be perfect for babies since I am running a baby doll day care! LOL! I just always love your blogs. :D Maybe you can get your BIL to talk my hubby into at least LOOMING with me. LOL!