Friday, April 27, 2007

Do you know the popcorn man?

I've been hearing this song for days now...Oh, do you know the popcorn man, the popcorn man, the popcorn man? Oh, do you know the popcorn man who travels with the circus? My son had his circus today at school. I was a tad bit anxious a couple days ago since I had to find a needle in the haystack and come up with a ringmaster costume in April! I couldn't believe my luck when I ended up in the third thrift store in town and found this red suit jacket (don't tell him, it's a women's petite size 4) with black velvet aroud the collar, the wrists, and at the chest. It was a tiny bit large for him, but he was tickled! I made him a top hat out of fun foam, I dressed him in a pair of dress black pants and a dress white shirt, and I fashioned a pretty cool (if I do say so myself) megaphone out of cardstock (colored red with marker), ta da -- he was a handsome ringmaster indeed! He got a lot of compliments since he stood out from the rest of the ringmaster's that were in the other classrooms because he was wearing red. The other ringmasters had on all black. I am glad I persisited in finding him a red jacket. It made his week. Oh, do you know the popcorn man, the popcorn man, the popcorn man...

0 comments: