Monday, April 2, 2007

Tick tock, tick tock...1 am...2 am...3 am...4

Insomnia is horrible for anyone. I always thought it was the most horrible thing when I had to go to work the next day stumbling about in a zombie like state, watching the clock at work just as I had all night long, tick tock, tick tock... That was until I had children and I decided to become a stay-at-home mom. Mom is always on duty, you know. I watched the clock for hours on end last night. I decided to get back out of bed when I just couldn't get to sleep by 1 am. I tried to read for awhile but started getting restless legs (which is misery on top of misery when you are exhausted) so I crawled back in bed and miracle upon miracles I fell asleep...then came a little wimper (at 2:30 am) that got louder and louder. So up I got to check the baby. Talk about cruel. I layed back down only to begin watching the clock once more...3 am...4 am...5 am...I was sound asleep when bright and early at 7 am the baby started to cry, ready to be up for the day! Oh insomnia as a mother is the most horrible thing! I am making friends with my coffee pot today.

0 comments: