Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Rip it, rip it, rip it...I hear lots of frogs around here.

Well, I have frogged the glove again! I was doing so good and my one year old came along and yanked on the yarn and messed everything up! She was so darn cute, I couldn't be upset. She just stood there and giggled. I am working on adding a sunrise design to the glove using the Russian join method and using different colored yarns. I wish I had taken a picture because it looked so good. Now, if I can remember how I did it and replicate it, everything will be great!

I started working on my socks. Ohhh, are they ever fun! I could get addicted to those. So fun, I want to work on the socks and leave the glove idea alone for awhile. I suppose it's ok, it isn't like I am on a deadline or something, this is a hobby and it needs to stay fun otherwise I'll get discouraged and not want to do it anymore.

My mom works on quilts for her church to give to the needy, after talking to her last night, I had an idea, I should start a group that loom knits hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, socks, etc. during the winter months. It is so bitterly cold outside right now, I know there are many who are very cold and in need. I am aware of some loom knitters in my area, I should design a poster and put it up around town and see if I get any interested in doing something like this.

0 comments: