Thursday, February 15, 2007

One you learn to ride a bicycle, you never forget.



I picked up my knitting needles for the first time in nearly 30 years this past weekend. I say, it is like visiting an old friend! I stumbled for a little bit and got confused by the knitting book I bought (to teach myself again) and then I discovered the reason why I was so confused was because I knit using the Continental method (because I was taught by my German mother and grandmother) and not the English method. My book is geared towards the English method. I sat down again after all the kiddies went to bed and I just started to knit like I had never put the needles down...I guess once you learn to ride a bicycle, you never forget!

I got my Loom Knitting Primer book written by Isela Phelps the other day and I am very pleased with my purchase. I would highly recommend this book to any newcomer to the art of loom knitting. It is a very comprehensive book which I will no doubt be carrying around in my loom knitting bag for many months to come! Prior to receiving my copy, I had been unable to find a book with such indepth illustrations and instructions. If you need a jumpstart on your loom knitting confidence, this is the book to buy!

0 comments: