Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Free row counter idea

I haven't written a blog in a few days because I have four children with chicken pox. The twins have it now and my two youngest! Man, that's a hand full all at once. I was able to manage to get my son's matching scarf and mittens done. I promised him I would start the hat too one of these days. I have one more pair of mittens to make for my three year old. She keeps asking me why I haven't made her any mittens yet. I am anxious to start my 100% wool purse I intend on felting. My sister made one with knitting needles and it is so darling. I don't have a a pattern for a purse but have one planned out in my head how I can do it. It may not turn out, but I have to try. At least I can tear it apart and start over if my idea isn't working. If it works, I'll share my design on this blog.

Next tip: Use a pen and piece of paper and make tick marks after you knit a row. After you have four marks, on the fifth, cross the four rows off and start making tick marks again. This is free and doens't take put a second. I know the row counters you purchase are probably faster but I looked into buying one and it was expensive.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

This is Lauren from kniftyknittermom blog, you left a comment. I was going to let you know I am working on putting the pattern for the baby sweater on my blog. It is a very simple pattern you make 5 rectangles and that is it, but I think you could easily make the sweater for you little girl. I will let you know when it is posted.
Lauren
mother.of.cai@gmail.com