Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I interrup my LAL to appease Robin :D



Here you go Robin:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I will use whatever. I've wrapped gifts in comics, brown paper bags I've rubber stamped, even fabric. I have also used gift bags if they are handy. I am not loyal to either :D

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I love the smell of real trees but don't have the time to give a real tree the attention it truly needs. I have a fake tree but haven't put it up in years. The tree fit in our old house (it is over 7 feet tall) because of the vaulted ceilings. The ceilings in the house we live in now are standard height and the tree would look rediculous in here. So, once again, I am not loyal to either :D...I do however like to put garland up on our deck with lights!

3. When do you put up the tree?
See answer 2.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Answer 2 again.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, I do actually. I've even had it for breakfast :D

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My first walkman!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Starting a few years ago I began making my gifts. My dad is by far the toughest to make for, then I would say my brother. I see a box of homemade cookies in their future again this year :D

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mother. I can think of a billion things I would love to knit or crochet for her. Then, I would say my kids. It seems lately, everything I design they squeal with delight and can't wait for me to make them a pair or they just plan snatch it when I am not looking.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes I do. I cross stitched one many years ago, way back when cross stitching was my passion! LOL

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Nothing rings a bell. I must have liked everything I've ever received.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life with James Stewart. I cry everytime I see it. Then my next favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas, tears for that one too.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Oh, I start designing and making gifts 2-3 weeks before Christmas. I am a big procrastinator.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, I don’t think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Gingerbread cookies. In fact, now that I write this, I am going to have to make some.

16. Lights on the tree?
Lights, but I prefer just one color. I just love it when I see a tree light up all in one color! Multi colored lights I think look gaudy.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Little Town of Bethlehem and What Child is This?

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Since Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are always shared between our house and my three step children's mother's house, we couldn't travel if we wanted to.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Of course.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I have a beautiful angel with these cool fiber optic lights, but as I mentioned in answer number 2, I haven't had it up in years.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We always opened gifts on Christmas Eve after attending church services when I was a child. My husband never objected so I've carried on with the tradition in my family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Not being able to go to the store to buy shampoo or toothpaste because there are a million people in the stores and you can hardly move and people are just downright rude and obnoxious.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love the old world look.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Pumpkin pie!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
You know, there isn't a single thing on my wish list this year. So, what I really want this year is lots of time with family and loved ones.

26. Who is most likely to blog about this?
It's anyone's guess.

27. Lights, blinking or always on?
Always on. Blinking lights are in that same category of multiple colored lights, I find it gaudy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your answer to #25 :)

Robin McCoy said...

Thanks for interrupting your LAL to please my whims! :) Love ya! (And all your answers...except I am sad that you don't have a tree up! My holiday sorta revolves around the tree. I stare at it for hours a day....I obsess over it, etc. So I just can't imagine not having my tree...even if it IS a rinky dink one. LOL!)